With more than 600 miles of trails within just a few hours of New York City, the Catskills and Hudson Valley are a hiker's paradise, boasting varied and scenic terrain from Westchester County to Albany. This fully updated guide leads beginner and experienced hikers alike along 60 of the region's most spectacular trails, from shorter nature walks to longer day hikes.
From classic hikes like Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Highlands, to carriage road walks in the Shawangunks and a historic walk around the grounds of Oleana, to 25 Catskills hikes such as Wittenberg and Cornell Mountains, to ridgewalks along the Taconic Range, this guide offers a variety of trails for all ability levels and interests. An at-a-glance chart highlights the best hikes near public transportation, for kids, and for winter snowshoeing and skiing.
Inside You'll Find:
- 60 hikes ideal for hikers of all ability levels
- GPS coordinates to all trailheads
- Locator Map and "At-a-Glance Trip Planner" for easy planning
- Detailed maps showing parking areas, trails, and natural highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and difficulty level for each trail
- Hiking and safety tips, including advice on what to carry in your pack
- Essays on the flora, fauna, and historic landmarks of the region
No reviews have been written for this product.
Be the first one! – Write a Review
The Best Day Hikes In The Catskills & Hudson Valley
Item # BSTHIKESCAT