Hults Bruk Agdor 28in Montreal Felling Axe
More on the way
Out of Stock
Useful for more than cutting down trees, the 2.5-pound Montreal pattern axe head features wide cheeks for splitting with a long blade that chops deep cuts, paired with a curved 28-inch American hickory handle. Painted Agdor blue and expertly hand forged from premium Swedish steel, sharpened and ready to use out of the box. Accompanied by a leather sheath, handcrafted in Waynesville, N.C. using traditional methods.
The Agdor 28 Montreal Felling Axe is also popular in the growing sport of axe throwing. When an axe-throwing match ends in a tied score, the “big axe,” or felling axe, is used to break the tie and determine the winner. The 28-inch Agdor meets league requirements for size, weight and materials, and also provides a durable, customizable axe for serious throwers looking to up their game. The cutting edge is approximately 4.25-inches in length. Note: all Hults Bruk axes are hand forged, so there may be slight variations from axe to axe.
- The axe head is hand forged at the historic Hults Bruk, a forge that has been in operation since 1697.
- Each axe is made from high-quality Swedish axe steel, expertly tempered to hold a very sharp edge even after repeated sharpening.
- Painted iconic Agdor blue, sharpened ready to use.
- Curved American hickory handle protected with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with an American leather sheath and a detailed user’s manual.