Zeiss Optics SFL 8x40 Binoculars
With the ZEISS SFL binoculars (SmartFocus Lightweight), special moments can be experienced with ease. Optimized to be as lightweight and compact as possible, the SFL binoculars are a perfect addition to the SF family. The new Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) Concept ensures true-to-life color reproduction and the highest level of detail. Thanks to its SmartFocus Concept, the focus wheel is perfectly positioned and enables fast and precise focusing – even with gloves on. The optimized ergonomics and a large exit pupil allow for a relaxed and undisturbed viewing experience.
With a field of view of up to 140 meters at a distance of 1,000 meters and a closest focusing distance of 1.5 meters, the SFL 8x40 deliver a perfect overview combined with precise detail recognition.
The lens diameter has been reduced by 2 mm, making it possible to use thinner lens elements at closer spacing and thus reduce the binoculars’ weight by up to 20% and their volume by up to 13% compared to the ZEISS Victory SF models. As a result, the SFL binoculars are up to 30% lighter than comparable products from competitors.
- Magnification: 8 ×
- Effective lens diameter: 40 mm
- Light transmission: 90%
- Exit pupil diameter: 5.0 mm
- Twilight factor: 17.9
- Field of view at 1,000 m (yds): 140 m (420 ft)
- Subjective viewing angle: 60° Ww
- Close focusing distance: 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
- Diopter adjustment range: − 4.0 | + 4.0 dpt
- Exit pupil distance: 18 mm
- Pupil distance: 52 – 74 mm
- Lens type: UHD
- Prism system: Schmidt-Pechan
- LotuTec | Nitrogen filled: + | +
- Water resistance: 400 mbar
- Operating temperature: − 20°C | + 55°C (− 4°F | + 131°F)
- Length: 144 mm (5.7 ")
- Width at an interpupillary distance of 65 mm: 114 mm (4.5 ")
- Weight: 640 g (22.6 oz)